Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Notes on Previous Posts

  • I have heard the story about the traded Chrono Trigger many a time. Believe me, he's still bitter about it. He will probably take that resentment with him to his grave. A redhead never forgets.

  • Chrono Cross is POO! I play the whole way through, collect a million characters who do nothing whatsoever for the story, and the end boss is a completely cheap. I don't remember what the story was about or who the main characters was. I only remember the ridiculous pink dog, Poshul (pictured here: seriously, wtf!) and Mr. Lynx (or whatever the fuck his name was). A couple of years ago I started to play it again because it had been a while and I was looking to waste a little bit of time with something different. I played for a half an hour and then remembered my unquenchable hatred for it. Jesus, I hate that game.
  • When I read the post where Cam appears to be jubilant about reaching disc two, I cringe and laugh at the same time. When I hit that point I was confused because I felt like the first quarter should have been longer. Also, nothing much had happened on disc one. There was much head scratching and consternation.
  • Useless vehicle sections are very common in JRPGS. I actually had hoped the vehicle incident would prove to be a minigame or relate to a side quest later... it doesn't... So maybe it is a useless vehicle section after all. Balls.
  • I know Hope has his own weapon - the much discussed boomerang - but maybe Lightning felt he deserved a weapon more like his penis: small and makes girls cry when he sticks them with it. Also, you know, it's symbolic of Light's relationship with Serah and now with Hope... and his tiny penis...
  • I explained the combat system to Cam a few times but he didn't appear to be listening. He also looked stuff up on the internet. I know we've discussed this (I'm talking to you, Cameron ;) but I prefer to get to know a battle system by actually playing it and working out my own idiosyncratic way of playing. For instance, I only use Fang, Lightning, and Vanille. No, it's not a "girls only, hear my vagina roar" thing but I find I know them the best and thus play them the best. Also Fang is awesome so if you hear her vagina roar, run away.
  • There's no excuse for Snow. He's dreadful. And it's creepy when he stands beside Serah in the cut scenes because she's really close to be level with his crotch. Also, he's the guy that punches things to death. So lame.
  • Vanille is not quite as irksome but I do find her high-pitched, dog-whistling Australian accented voice a bit much. Also the fear that her skirts going to flip up at any moment only to reveal a plump pre-pubescent backside. Seriously, you put her brand on her ass? Naughty Fal'Cie! Naughty!

No comments:

Post a Comment